Re: [News] Tesco Stops Defective-by-Design-only, Windows-only Downloads

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 17 April 2008 14:21 : \____

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/15/tesco-breaks-free-wma-chains

>>> Cool. I've been with Tesco (groceries) online for years, so I won't even
>>> have to sign up, I can just start downloading.
>>>
>>> I'm still waiting for Amazon's UK MP3 service (slated for this year).
>>
>> Somebody ought to set up an Ogg service too. There's a niche market to
>> address there. To tell you the truth, I think streaming is the future. Even
>> for mobile devices, the prospects of meshes with Google and Android involved
>> are not so far fetched.
>>

> I used the Waitrose/Occado online service for years, excellent website,
> easy to use and they were very reliable.  Until the final two deliveries,
> where the driver lied about where he was, turned up an hour early and
> had dropped some food.
>
> Used Sainsbury a couple of times, but now on riverford for organic
> vegetables, eggs and meat; wine warehouse for beer (2 cases usually come
> in at < £1 per pint, good beer, too) and sainsbury for other stuff.
> I'm looking at sourcing fish & cheese away from supermarkets, too,
> as I seem to get both a better price and a better quality that way.
>
> In any case, none of the above do MP3s that I'm aware of...

I've done that with Sainsbury's since 2003, but they only sell CDs. They are
very reliable in general, overall.

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq