[News] Microsoft-funded Shill: GNU/Linux More Reliable Than Windows

Linux, Unix more reliable than Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| The Yankee Group claims to poll about 700 users hailing from 27 different
| countries. Preliminary findings from the report are published by the
| Institute for advanced Professional Studoes, here.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/15/linux-better-windows-worse
http://www.iaps.com/2008-server-reliability-survey.html

“Analysts sell out - that’s their business model… But they are very concerned
that they never look like they are selling out, so that makes them very
prickly to work with.”

                Microsoft, internal document
                http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

The Yankee group has been financially supported by Microsoft for ages. Like
Gartner, it seems unable to lie or master the black art of 'statistics' for
too long. Who will feed tomorrow's analysts? The Linux Foundation?

Related:

Laura [DiDio] and Me

,----[ Quote ]
| Ah yes, the rules of corporate behavior. And how we all admire them.
| Obviously, the journalist doesn't realize that Shuttleworth was talking about
| free as in speech, not free as in beer. In fact, he used the word freedom,
| not free. But it whizzed right over her head. That is so basic, I will opine,
| with my feet up on the desk, that she hasn't a clue what FOSS is about and
| did not a minute's research on what freedom means in this quotation.

Laura Didio

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Didio