Re: [News] More Mandriva 2008.1 Reviews and Impressions, Fluendo Integrated

____/ Rick on Monday 14 April 2008 22:39 : \____

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:45:08 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:28:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> Fluendo integrates codec manager with Mandriva Spring 2008
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>>open | source technology provider Mandriva, has introduced Codeina, a
>>>codec manager, | which has been integrated with the new Mandriva Linux
>>>Spring 2008 release.
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=406A35CA-C151-464C-
> A7DE-1B0F03A59B6F
>>>
>>> Fluendo Codec Manager Introduced in Mandriva Spring 2008 to Help Users
>>> Enjoy Their Media Files
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>>Codeina, | the Codec Manager, integrated in the new Mandriva Linux
>>>Spring 2008 release.
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.pr.com/press-release/80401
>>
>> So now Linux users have a program to manage the unauthorized CODECS that
>> they are using.
>>
>> Great community you have there Linux loons.
>
> ... as opposed to all the Windows using pirates? How much did you steal
> today?

The Microsoft Munchkins follow the handbook and try to associate Linux with a
mental condition.

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
|                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
| ^^^^^^^^^^
| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
|                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^
| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
| the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
| and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
| to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
| time."
`----

                        --- Microsoft, internal document
                        http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
 03:00:01 up  1:12,  2 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.78, 0.93