Re: Users petition to keep Windows XP

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Monday 14 April 2008 19:34 : \____

> "SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- Microsoft Corp.'s operating systems run
> most personal computers around the globe and are a cash cow for the
> world's largest software maker. But you'd never confuse a Windows user
> with the passionate fans of Mac OS X or even the free Linux operating
> system.
>
> Unless it's someone running Windows XP, a version Microsoft wants to
> retire."
>
> [...]
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/04/14/microsoft.xp.ap/index.html

What an exciting time for Linux. With so many nations shutting out proprietary
software and Windows at the end of the line, I just really can't see Microsoft
avoiding an IBM-like depression phase. Another Senior Vice President from
Microsoft has just jumped ship. Guess which one? The Windows chief!

"I don’t understand how IE is going to win. The current path is simply to copy
everything that Netscape does packaging and product wise."
                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft