Re: [News] US Survey: Firefox Climbs in Enterprises, Not Just Homes

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Firefox reaches 18 percent of corporate desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| This number will seem low to those who have seen higher numbers elsewhere | (for example, as high as 30 percent in Europe). This simply reflects the bias | of the report toward formal enterprise adoption, a route that Mozilla has | explicitly not taken. Basically, Firefox is not an alternate universe into | which you will be banished. `----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9907299-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

In my company, we are seeing Firefox as a bridging technology to help us move from IE6 to IE7. Because of MS' stupid maneuver of embedding IE in the OS, the roll back to IE6 is really bad. So Firefox is used to help those that get stuck on IE7 until the internal apps fully support IE7.