[News] Yahoo-Microsoft Getting Complicated, Google Intervenes and Benefits

Yahoo-Microsoft Battle Bolsters Google

,----[ Quote ]
| "We find this to be a very advantageous situation for Google," Cantor
| Fitzgerald analyst Derek Brown said Thursday. "The longer this gets dragged
| out, the better for Google."
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/11/AR2008041100844.html

Google: Actively looking for ways to spoil Yahoo/Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has hired controversial investment banker Frank Quattrone, reports the
| New York Times DealBook blog . Or, more specifically, Google has contracted
| with Quattrone's firm the Qatalyst Group to provide consulting work. This,
| sources say, is a sign that Google has been actively involved in Yahoo's
| discussions with AOL about a potential merger between the two.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/26862

The digital dance begins

,----[ Quote ]
| As News Corp and Time Warner join the scrum surrounding Yahoo, it's clear
| that big media is not content to leave Google or Microsoft alone on top of
| the digital mountain.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/10/news/companies/siklos_microhoo.fortune/

Recent:

Bear Stearns's Advice To Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Co-founder Bill Gates can't be thrilled with watching
| Ballmer drain the company's cash. He didn't get so rich by buying at the top
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| of the market.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2008/03/17/microsoft-bear-stearns-tech-ebiz-cx_ec_0316msft.html

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Microsoft's DreamSpark – What a Giveaway

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/microsofts-dreamspark-%E2%80%93-what-giveaway