[News] [Rival] Apple Enthusiast Complains About Leopard's Rough Edges (Nothing's Perfect)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple Enthusiast Complains About Leopard's Rough Edges (Nothing's Perfect)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 05:17:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Does Leopard Deliver or Disappoint?

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps Leopard will grow into itself and become what it promised to be for
| so many people, but until then, Apple may need to reevaluate their message
| that it just works because apparently Vista isn’t the only operating system
| with problems.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2760&Itemid=449

Linux, unlike Apple and Microsoft, does not have a multi-billion-dollar
marketing workforce to hide some creases. Just something to bear in mind...

Related:

Review: Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon takes on Mac OS X Leopard for the OS of the Year

,----[ Quote ]
| Today we have a technological cage match involving two operating systems,
| both UNIX- based, both mature, both with passionate detractors and even more
| passionate defenders, and both released just a week apart. I'm talking, of
| course, about Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon), with its final release on October
| 18, and Apple' s Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, which was available for purchase on
| October 26.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/4641/

Leopard is the New Vista, and It's Pissing Me Off

,----[ Quote ]
| Before Apple makes any more smug OS-related attacks on Microsoft, it ought to
| take a good look in the mirror.

Leopard early adopters suffer for the rest of us

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9809571-37.html