Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] [Rival] Microsoft Sabotages MBR (GNU/Linux) with Windows Update

* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:23:42 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:
> ¡§However, it¡Šs actually a very good thing that the update and the servicing
> fail in this scenario, because you can just imagine the implications if the
> update automatically reinstalled the Vista MBR to restore boot integrity ¡V
> we¡Šd be flooded with complaints.¡š
>
> That's how Roy Lied, and how you fell for it.

Or, more likely, Roy didn't read the article any more carefully than
Sinister, but you still want to pin the "liar" tag on Roy.

For what it's worth, I didn't read the article at all.  I don't intend
to have to worry about coexisting with Vista at this time.

--
Microsoft is not about greed. It's about innovation and fairness.
   -- Bill Gates