[News] Fedora Rave and Another New Release of MythDora (5.0)

Quick look at Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora artwork and polish are very impressive. I’ve always been impressed
| with Fedora’s artwork in general. It seems very consistent and professional.
| Ubuntu 8.04 has made some good steps in this direction. The Heron wallpaper
| is beautiful, in my opinion, and Ubuntu’s artwork seems to be getting a bit
| more consistent.
`----

http://laserjock.wordpress.com/2008/04/28/quick-look-at-fedora/

MythDora 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| MythDora 5.0 is finally here. It's based on Fedora 8 along with MythTV-0.21.
`----

http://www.g-ding.tv/?q=node/3233

Another new Linux release at http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

Recent:

Fedora is Dressed to the 9

,----[ Quote ]
| Also notable is the inclusion of compatibility packages “to ensure that
| applications not yet ported to KDE 4 will continue to work,” according to the
| release notes.
|
| Improvements to NetworkManager include compatibility with PolicyKit for
| network configuration and support for ad-hoc wireless networks and PPP over
| mobile broadband cards (GSM and CDMA).
|
| With its tweaked address bar and new Places bookmark replacement, the Firefox
| 3 beta 5 browser finally has Fedora-like look and integrates with the
| desktop. Fedora now ships with a browser plug-in for playing Flash
| animations, videos and games.

Pre-build MythTV Linux PVR eats Windows MCE for breakfast

,----[ Quote ]
| Basically this is an unpack-and-plug-in solution to your media
| streaming/live TV pausing/scheduled recording needs.  Yes, you
| could build your own Linux box and install MythTV, but this saves
| you all the effort, is cheaper than a Windows Media Centre and
| gives you access to a vast range of fan-programmed add-ons.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/pre-build-mythtv-linux-pvr-eats-windows-mce-for-breakfast-152985.php

Linux as a Media Centre

,----[ Quote ]