[News] Another New Interview with Debian's Project Leader

Debian: We're not looking for commercial fortune

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian GNU/Linux operating system continues to generate interest from
| developers around the world, keen to sign up and contribute code to the
| open-source project now in its 15th year.
|
| [...]
|
| Elected Debian project leader on 17 April, Steve McIntyre is the man charged
| with leading the organisation to the next level. Despite being faced with a
| backdrop of organisational challenges, while at the same time working away
| fervently on his own Debian bug fixes and development projects, McIntyre
| found some time to talk ZDNet.co.uk through his vision of where the Debian
| project is headed.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39406494,00.htm

Yesterday:

Shuttleworth Acknowledges Ubuntu’s Debt to Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| Historically, Debian users have shown a fair amount of jealousy towards
| Ubuntu. Martin F. Krafft, aka madduck, a well-known Debian developer, summed
| the reasons for these feelings in his analysis piece Ubuntu and Debian in May
| 2006.
|
| According to Krafft, there are several major friction points between the two
| prominent Linux distributions. For example Debian “developers are largely
| unsatisfied with how Canonical/Ubuntu cooperates and ‘gives back’ to the
| Debian community. This, in turn, has lead to the “perception that
| Canonical/Ubuntu is taking advantage of Debian.”
`----

http://practical-tech.com/operating-system/shuttleworth-acknowledges-ubuntus-debt-to-debian/

Days ago:

Interview: Steve McIntyre, Debian Project Leader

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve McIntyre is the recently elected Debian Prioject Leader. He is a
| software engineer and a long-time Debian developer. His best known
| contributions have been in the field of creating Debian CD/DVD images; he is
| the Debian-cd team leader and is responsible for generating the official
| images.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?RSS&entryid=741

Deploying KDE [on Debian] to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html