[News] Sun Hosting Event with Linux Community Managers

GNU/Linux Distro Smack Down! Only at CommunityOne

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora! OpenSuse! Ubuntu! -- Three community managers together on one stage!
| And if that wasn't sick enough we're going add in OpenSolaris and one of
| their board members!
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/barton808/entry/linux_distro_smack_down_only

Community: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly at Web 2.0 Expo

,----[ Quote ]
| My answer was colored by the fact that almost all of my friends are geeks and
| that I have been working in startups for the past couple of years. In
| startups filled with people who are passionate about software where
| participation in communities comes completely naturally. Well, the idea of an
| internal community with no community manager would work great in my little
| insular, tech-centric world. I forget that in other companies, participating
| in a community might not be so natural.
`----

http://fastwonderblog.com/2008/04/23/community-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-at-web-20-expo/

Recent:

Red Hat out-marathons the pack in financial services

,----[ Quote ]
| In financial services, speed is the difference between making money and
| losing money,” said Scott Crenshaw, vice president of Red Hat’s platform
| business unit. “The result is clear: more data, faster data, means better
| trades and better decisions.”
|
| As if that weren’t enough, Crenshaw struck a blow to proprietary
| software. “We were 2.4 times faster than Sun Microsystems,” he crowed,
| comparing Red Hat’s 5.8 million updates with Sun Solaris’ record of 2.4
| million updates.
|
| Go, open source! Guess you should have been here for the Boston Marathon!
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2008/04/23/red-hat-out-marathons-the-pack-in-financial-services/
http://tinyurl.com/64v63u

Move from Solaris to RHEL boosts performance for the Chicago Mercantile
Exchange

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1309889,00.html