Re: [News] German Government Department and Munich Collaborate on Free Software, Standards

____/ Matt on Sunday 27 April 2008 13:13 : \____

http://www.muenchen.de/Rathaus/dir/presseservice/2008/pressemitteilungen/226563/limux2304.html

> Bonus: possibility of a chain reaction: the German Foreign Office talks
> with the foreign offices of every other country, and those foreign
> offices talk to people in the big cities in their own countries.

Yes, they need to communicate using open formats. That's why Microsoft bullied
people so aggressively in Massachusetts (and got caught). It fears the domino
effect.

The more aggressively Microsoft will play at this stage, the more quickly it'll
get caught and embargoed. Risky game.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: innovative VTP technology (Virus Transfer
Protocol)
Cpu(s): 24.0%us,  3.5%sy,  1.0%ni, 67.3%id,  3.8%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st