[News] Belgian & EU Municipalities to Learn About OpenDocument Format

ODF Seminar for Municipalities

,----[ Quote ]
| Seminar on ODF, targeted at municipalities in Belgium.
|
| Guest speakers include product managers from various vendors and
| representatives of federal and local governments.
`----

http://opendocument.xml.org/calendar-event/odf-seminar-for-municipalities

Open Standards definition: Is ODF etched on rock? No, not true

,----[ Quote ]
| Being OOo available in source code, I started digging into it until I found
| the code responsible for index generation. Built a patch for myself and
| solved the index generation problem, at least at my end of the line.
|
| [...]
|
| What’s the moral? A truly public specification can be upgraded by the public
| at large, provided the suggestion is a sound one.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/04/22/open-standards-definition-is-odf-etch-on-rock-no-not-true/

Recent:

Belgium also stuffed with Microsoft Business Partners?

,----[ Quote ]
| Today was the vote in the Technical Committee in Belgium. The room was full
| of people I had never saw before. But when it comes to vote, the Yes men are
| there.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-48345/belgium-also-stuffed-with-microsoft-business-partners

BE, NL: governments will not use ISO OOXML

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7562