Re: Apple Riding a 51% Jump in Mac Sales

____/ Rick on Thursday 24 April 2008 15:13 : \____

> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:46:22 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:57:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> ____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 24 April 2008 13:06 :
>>> \____

>>> Market diversity is good. If only Apple was not Microsoft's b* when it
>>> comes to fonts, patents, OOXML, etc.
>>
>> Face it Schestowitz, people who don't like Microsoft or Windows are
>> moving to Apple.
>
> Still obsessed with Roy, I see.
>

>> They are *not* moving to Linux, which is very odd considering Linux is
>> free and Apple is expensive.
>>
>> So what's the reason?
>
> Lack of advertising, herd mentality, network effects and inertia.

Not every sector has use for Macs, let alone afford to buy new PCs.

In today's news:

Deploying KDE to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html

> People want what everyone else has. Apple has always been visible. It has
> always had a visibility in schools and many industries and has always
> been know as a "personal" computer company. So... as more people by Macs
> from Apple, more people want Macs, and more people buy them. Apple also
> has that iPod <-> Mac halo going for it.

Apple has attraction in the west, which is an affluent minority of the world.
How many Mac users exist in China? Or for that matter -- how many can afford a
Vista-capable PC?

Those believing that Macs can take over 'the world' are the same type of people
who believe a $5000+ surface PC will be a hit at times of recession and mobile
devices fever.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive
Mem:    515500k total,   316136k used,   199364k free,    10572k buffers