[News] [Rival] Microsoft Vanity, Negligence Burns Houses Down

Xbox 360 burns house down

,----[ Quote ]
| An Xbox 360 has allegedly caused over $100,000 (£50,000/€62,000) worth of
| damage to an US gamer’s house, after the console’s power brick caught fire.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/04/21/arkansas_xbox_360_fire/

Did Microsoft's console kill a baby this time?

http://slated.org/microsoft_kills_baby

They know it's very defective (like Home Server which corrupts data), but they
keep selling it anyway.

Recent:

Bill Gates May Have to Testify In Xbox Fire Case

,----[ Quote ]
| The lawyer for the family of a teenage girl who was horribly burned in a
| house fire allegedly sparked by a faulty Xbox game console is threatening to
| have Microsoft chairman Bill Gates testify about the safety of his company's
| offshore manufacturing practices.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207000426

Related:

Microsoft Admits ALL Xbox360's Are Defective

,----[ Quote ]
| Though Robbie Bach, head of Microsoft's Xbox360 Division refused to elaborate
| on the issue, the general consensus is that it's one of botched thermal
| design management and inadequate dissipation of heat leading to component
| failure.
`----

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60

Raikes and Other Exits

,----[ Quote ]
| It's weird that Mini and all the commenters here have failed to notice the
| mass exodus from the Xbox team in 2007. By my count, more than 15% of the
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| product team (dev/PM/test) have left Microsoft for Apple, Sony, Google,
| Yahoo, MySpace, Amazon, and various other companies (including several
| startups, local and in the Valley).
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/01/raikes-and-other-exits.html

Microsoft facing $1bn Xbox bill

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, has not revealed how many of its machines have suffered the
| problem, but said the number was "bigger than we are comfortable with."

Insider Trading Hasn't Affect Microsoft Stock - Yet

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070713/40947_id.html?.v=1