[News] Review of the New Fedora 9 Preview

Fedora 9 Preview Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday the Fedora Project released a "Preview" of Fedora 9. Today Ubuntu
| released a "Release Candidate" for 8.04 "Hardy Heron" and the openSUSE team
| released openSUSE 11.0 Beta 1. Since my preferred Linux distribution for the
| desktop is Fedora, I've been keeping up with all of the test releases. What
| follows is some commentary about my experiences with the Fedora 9 Preview
| including an image gallery. I'd like to encourage MontanaLinux users of other
| distros to write up their experiences with their preferred distributions.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/fedora-9-preview-review.html

Recent:

5 Reasons Why You’ll Love Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 9 ships with GNOME 2.22 and KDE 4.03 by default, and while KDE 4.0x
| has received a lot of attention and buzz in the free software world, this
| GNOME release is also very exciting.
`----

http://jonrob.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/5-reasons-why-youll-love-fedora-9/

Number 9, number 9. Fedora 9 Preview has been cleared for takeoff!

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a Preview release, it is fairly close to what the final product
| will be like.  This is the most critical release for the Fedora
| community to use and test and report bugs on.  This is the last major
| public release before the final GOLD Fedora 9 release on May 13th (we
| hope).
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-April/msg00010.html

Fedora 9 and Summit preview: Confining the user with SELinux

,----[ Quote ]
| This one’s a two-fer! Dan Walsh covers the evolution of SELinux from Fedora 2
| all the way to the upcoming Fedora 9 launch. Find out how it started and how
| user access controls will grow in the newest release. As a bonus, this is
| also a preview of Walsh’s scheduled talk at the upcoming Red Hat Summit. Want
| more? Check out the schedule of talks and register–and we’ll see you in
| Boston.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/04/17/fedora-9-and-summit-preview-confining-the-user-with-selinux/

First Look at Fedora 9 Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm sure there's a lot in the forthcoming full release of Fedora 9 for both
| new and experienced Linux users alike though, as always, the distribution's
| leaders' aversion to anything proprietary is an obvious obstacle for those
| completely new to Linux and Open Source.
| Nonetheless, there's a lot here to commend them on and I, for one, can't wait
| to give the full release a try when it hits the mirrors in a few weeks' time.
| Good job guys.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/04/first-look-at-fedora-9-preview.html

Fedora 9 Beta - my review

,----[ Quote ]
| I have been wanting to try out Fedora 9 ever since I read in an interview
| with the project leaders about 2 months ago that it was going with a KDE4
| default desktop (as far as I can tell, no other distribution has taken the
| plunge). Now Fedora is an interesting beast… it gets little press these days
| yet it has been consistently in the top ten at distrowatch for years, and
| high in the top ten too.
`----

http://silentcoder.co.za/silentcoder/?p=312

Fedora 9 Beta review

,----[ Quote ]
| In one sentence: so far so amazing!  It’s now stable and completely usable.
| I now have a workable F9 system ( rawhide ) which I use daily.  No more F8!!!
| Though we have yet ( one week ) to see the final artwork, but it’s still
| amazing.
`----

http://fengshaun.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/fedora-9-beta-review/

Fedora 9 Beta Preview [screensnots also]

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been almost two months since Fedora 9 Alpha was released, which we
| subsequently previewed. Now with the release of Fedora 9 just being 35 days
| out, Red Hat has pushed out the beta release of Fedora 9 (codenamed Sulphur)
| with many more features implemented and ready to be tested. We have taken the
| time to explore the features of Fedora 9 and the progress that has been made.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora9_beta&num=1

Fedora 9 Beta Screenshots

http://gnuman.com/screenshots.html?gid=29