Re: Olympic Videos not being offered to Linux Users by NBC

"Jose" <teacherjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:s%vnk.6755$np7.4612@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 05:10:09 +0000, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

http://ostatic.com/170826-blog/linux-users-on-nbcs-olympics-videos-we-
dont-get-no-respect

Why would a venue go through (what I perceive to be) extra effort to
check the OS and deny carriage?

Do hey check or is just the lack of DRM (to protect the copyright) on linux that is the problem.

Its the lack of DRM that stops the BBC making the high def downloads to linux users.

There are plenty of formats that are
viewable in all systems, what's the point (other than linux bashing,
which I don't think is it) of these new formats?

Because people keep hacking the systems and they have to change to keep them secure?