Re: [News] GNU/Linux Printing So Easy Even a Microsoft Munchkin Can Do It

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | He went on his way and I plugged in the usb cable. Getting ready to go
> | into the menu to configure the thing a notification thinger pops up and
> | told me the printer was ready. It didn't even ask me a question. NOT A
> | THING.

Exactly my own experience these past few months, Roy.
Several printers, me, my far-away-son, and two friends.
I was amazed the first time it happened.  A visitor had brought in one of
those tiny HP photo-printers, and I said "Just plug it in" to see what
happened.
She was VERY impressed!

In fairness, all were HP printers (various models), and we were all using
ubuntu (7.10 or 8.04).

"Your HPxxxx is ready for printing".

A bit more work if it's a network printer though.
You have to pull down a list and click on a model number:-(