Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft CEO Ignorant, Unable to Understand Free Software

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:55:50 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

> On 2008-08-08, Mr Spock <Spock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> If Linux users put as much effort into Linux, as they do slagging off
>>> Windows, then maybe Linux would be far better than it is now, and maybe
>>> would have at least 40% market share.
>>>
>>> In the sense of more users, more hardware driver support, bigger software
>>> packages, etc, etc, etc. But NO, you all have fun bitching like spoilt
>>> little bratts, making linux sound like its a playschool dinky toy OS, and
>>> actually nothing to be taken seriously.
>>>
>>> Fucking People !!! You almost make me feel embarrassed to admit I use
>>> Linux.
>>>
>>> Now look what you made me go and do, you made me frigging swear !!!!!
>>
>> Im let ashamed to say I have a dual boot machine with Win XP and Linux.
>
> Yeah, so what do you use XP for?

Im one of those rear ends who just cant let go. Im a self employed
contractor, so all the offices i work in use XP so I need to keep "May
hand in" and use it. Plus I have Dreamweaver MX, which works rather well
under Crossover (Codeweavers). I paid for Dreamweaver 6 months before I
got serious with Linux, so being a tigh arse I dont want to let it go, and
I need to be able to use xp as all the clients are used to it.

Thats my lame excuse for not dropping Windows. I paid for it all, so
I wants my monies worth. Plus I havnt found a distro that really rocks my
boat. Im waiting for Fedora 10 to come out, and if I can install wicd and
get it working, then I probably will stay with Fedora.

I a lazy bastard that wants to do as little work as possible in getting my
system "Up-and-running". I have mandriva powerpack which see's my belkin
wireless card, but just doesnt do it for me. Suse 10 & Fedora 9 see's my
card also, but I find the network manager just isnt up to it.

I appreciate that with Linux your expected to get under the hood and be an
amateur mechanic and tinker a bit. But its just how much do I want to get
my hands dirty. Not a lot. So Ive just talked myself out of using linux,
and as someone is going to say "Well if thats your attitude, then fuck off
back to Windows.". Maybe in about 10 years, when Im over 50, will I
suddenly become sensible and go for linux full time.