Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 9th of August, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 9th of August, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 07:41:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 1105 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     349 1169780     4%
   2. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           121  255063    88%
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   88   75891    58%
   4. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 72  127621    73%
   5. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                   39   23552    47%
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         37   47408    21%
   7. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     36   54486    70%
   8. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@   33   30433    80%
   9. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   29   91308    22%
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      24   29571    72%
  11. RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                     23    9566    44%
  12. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            22   32107    81%
  13. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   21   47011    62%
  14. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          19   20343    54%
  15. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    18    5584    44%
  16. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   16   15070    29%
  17. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        14   13290    37%
  18. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               12   36670    26%
  19. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           10   12369    41%
  20. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                9    6417    53%
  21. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                   8    6223    70%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               8   10871    58%
  23. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                7   16440    76%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               7    8754    86%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        7    6905    72%
  26. Felmon <davisf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    6    4399    45%
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                        6    3417    49%
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>               6   11181    49%
  29. Steve de Mena - CSMA Refugee                       5    4875    87%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                5    9007    73%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] Ogg is Coming to Hundreds of Millions of PC       63  112256
   2. [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No        52   62269
   3. Firefox headed to the 20% mark                           44  104258
   4. Trolls                                                   42   36976
   5. One of the first articles where the US public lear       29   42741
   6. Gods, those windows users are stupid!                    24   20413
   7. [News] 7 New Linux Phones Unveiled                       21   23680
   8. How I got a Windows Vista refund from HP                 18   29202
   9. Only XP Eee PC's available in stores ...                 17   24839
      40 million credit cards hacked from companies that       17   14012
  11. [Troll] COLA trolls are weak                             16   11744
      Linux Pidgin Superior to MSN Messenger                   16   23488
      User-Friendly Linux for an Old-Ass Computer              16    9488
  14. How simple are newbies anyway?                           15   22980
  15. [News] KDE 3.5.10 Out Shortly, But 4.1.0 is Adopte       14   17867
      GIMP                                                     14   26115
  17. No subject as of yet.                                    13   19935
  18. [News] Sheldon Goldberg an Exposed Patent Troll; U       12   18684
  19. FAQ and Primer for comp.os.linux.advocacy, Edition       11   59572
      [News] Media Mafia 'Steals' Linux Code, Then Slams       11   12418
      IBM, Linux, and the MICROSOFT FREE PC!!                  11   13600
      Windows Vista Drives People MAD                          11   25325
  23. [News] Shops in Brazil Sell Boxed GNU/Linux              10   15379
      [News] Turf of Microsoft Forbids GNU/Linux Options       10    7143
      [News] VMware Has Debt to Free Software                  10    9656
      Why Vista won't succeed - A view from an experienc       10   14145
  27. The question that business users always ask.....          9    8760
      Windows Vista security 'rendered useless' by resea        9   12299
      [linux-equivalents] TuxGuitar                             9   10044
      [News] BT's Illegal Whorm and Net Throttling (of E        9    8827
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     58
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  48
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                44
   4. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           26
   5. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        25
   6. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  13
   7. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              12
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         12
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             12
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     11
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           11
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        11
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      11
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             11
  15. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         10
  16. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           9
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               9
  18. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     8
  19. RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     7
  20. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  5
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               5
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    5
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                         5
  24. QuantumLeaper <leaper@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                4
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     4
      nobody@nowhere                                                    4
  27. Steve de Mena - CSMA Refugee                                      3
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        3
      Charlie Wilkes <charlie_wilkes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                3
      Robt. Miller <robtmil.killspam@xxxxxxxxxxx>                       3
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    146
   2. Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             76
   3. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           75
   4. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             73
   5. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        72
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          72
   7. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  70
   8. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        69
      thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  69
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              69
  11. RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    68
  12. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   67
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          67
  14. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       66
  15. Felmon <davisf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  64
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    64
  17. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                63
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         63
  19. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         61
  20. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      60
  21. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      59
  22. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 58
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      58
  24. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           56
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              56
  26. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     55
  27. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             54
  28. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              50
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           431
   2. slrn                                                            232
   3. Pan                                                             212
   4. Thunderbird                                                     110
   5. G2/1.0                                                           40
   6. tin                                                              20
   7. Forte Agent                                                      19
   8. Xerox 820-II, Digital Research CP/M-80, ASCOM 0.9                 6
   9. Tandy Colour Computer 2/MickeyTerm Ver. 2.0                       4
      Microsoft Outlook Express                                         4
  11. Mozilla                                                           2
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    2
  13. News Xpress                                                       1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 07:40:51 up 232 days,  4:16,  3 users,  load average: 1.70, 1.28, 1.14