Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

____/ ml2mst on Friday 08 August 2008 14:16 : \____

> Rick schreef:
>> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:44:01 +0200, Hans wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.whylinuxsucks.org/why-linux-won039t-succeed-a-view-
>> experienced-user
>>> The fundamental issue with Linux seems to be the developers and the
>>> hackers who write the programs. Quite simply, they hold a rather
>>> schizophrenic view of Linux. They see Linux as an opportunity to play,
>>> develop, which is fine, but also want Linux to become dominant, or at
>>> least far more prevalent. Most computer users do NOT want a 'developers
>>> OS', they want an OS which does what THEY want.
>>> 1) Developers don't listen or understand what ordinary users want. 2)
>>> There are too many software projects which duplicate effort. 3)
>>> Hackers/Zealots have screwed priorities. 4) Linux doesn't really run on
>>> old hardware. 5) Hackers/Zealots have unrealistic expectations from
>>> users. <aside>
>>> This article proves that Linux is a complete mess when it is looked at
>>> as a whole.
>>
>> Fine. Don't use it.
>
> Don't be afraid, Hans doesn't use GNU/Linux. This is Hans (in case you
> didn't know already):
>
> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/09/clogwog-troll.html
>
> Microsoft: buy our software and become a beta tester.

s/beta/alpha/

"Will travel. Bring data."

Microsoft needs Windows Home Server test dummies

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is looking for Windows Home Server guinea pigs to test a public
| beta of a patch to a major corruption bug that has blighted the product since
| late last year.
|
| The bug, which corrupts data on a number of well-known Microsoft and
| third-party apps when the programs are used to edit or transfer files in the
| firm’s latest server operating system for the low-end, home user market,
| first reared its ugly head in December.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/05/23/windows_home_server_public_beta/

No buddy ever gets fried for buying Microsoft. The data, on the other hand...

- --

Tasks: 165 total,   1 running, 164 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie