[News] [Rival] Back Doors-enabled Mirosoft Windows Leads to **More** Crime

[With deliberate back doors come hijackers too]

Russian hacker gang steals with impunity, says researcher

,----[ Quote ]
| Those behind Coreflood botnet snag 463k usernames, access to jacked bank
| accounts
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1463479176&rid=-50

Police start notifying botnet victims

,----[ Quote ]
| Police in the Netherlands claim a world's first in warning victims whose
| computers were infected by a botnet that was shut down last week. The victims
| will be forwarded to a special Web page offering instructions on cleaning up
| their systems.
|
| The high-tech crime unit of the police started issuing the warnings on
| Wednesday. Users with infected systems are automatically sent a special page
| when they log onto the Internet.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=481793015&rid=-50

Indictments Against Largest ID Theft Ring Ever

,----[ Quote ]
| It was really big news yesterday, but I don't think it's that much of a big
| deal. These crimes are still easy to commit and it's still too hard to catch
| the criminals. Catching one gang, even a large one, isn't going to make us
| any safer.
`----

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/08/indictments_aga.html

Thank Botmaster Billy. He gave his O/S some back doors and 'extend' technology
with hooks to binaries. And now everyone's paying for it.

Recent:

Bots rule in cyberspace

,----[ Quote ]
`----