[News] Mozila Shows Significant Development and Growth

Mozilla reveals the Firefox of the future?

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has unveiled a spectacular new concept browser, dubbed Aurora.
|
| The bleeding-edge browser is part of a new Mozilla Labs initiative, in which
| the open-source foundation is encouraging people to contribute ideas and
| designs for the browser of the future.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/216897/mozilla-reveals-the-firefox-of-the-future.html

Mozilla Looks to Grass Roots for Next Wave of Browser Innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mozilla Labs Concept Series is a program for gathering from the public
| ideas on developing new software projects. The program kicked off with three
| new concept applications: the Aurora browser, a mobile version of Firefox and
| a new way to visualize bookmarks. The purpose is to let any user join the
| conversation, not just those with programming skills.

Q&A: Mozilla's Tristan Nitot

,----[ Quote ]
| Having a pay cheque definitely is a change! In 2003 there were eight to 10
| employees. Now we have 160. We now have market share, [meaning] the ability
| to influence the market and force Redmond to wake up and improve the
| product...while the product is interesting, what’s really important is the
| health of the web.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/605028/q-a-mozillas-tristan-nitot

Days ago:

Firefox market share exceeds 20%, Internet Explorer dips below 70%

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been six weeks since Firefox 3 has been released and if we believe
| market share numbers provided by an ongoing survey of NetApplications, then
| it appears that Mozilla has had a successful launch with market share gains,
| especially at the expense of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/38653/113/

Firefox Beta release date announced

,----[ Quote ]
| Interestingly and more importantly, Firefox 3.1 now includes Ogg Vorbis audio
| and Ogg Theora video codec support. The implementation of natively supported
| and open source audio and video formats in Firefox has been underway for more
| than a year and is driven by the developers' intent that Firefox 3.1 support
| the next World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) hypertext markup language
| specification HTML5, which includes the new "<audio>" and "<video>" tags.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/05/firefox-beta-due-august-19

Recent:

First look: Ars reviews Firefox 3.1 alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla took a big step toward Firefox 3.1 yesterday with the release of the
| first alpha. It includes important improvements to both the user interface
| and to Firefox's underlying Gecko rendering engine.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080730-first-look-ars-reviews-firefox-3-1-alpha-1.html
http://tinyurl.com/6ewn69

Firefox 3.1 Alpha 1 now available for download

,----[ Quote ]
| The first developer milestone of the next release of Firefox - code named
| Shiretoko Alpha 1 - is now available for download. Shiretoko is built on
| pre-release version of the Gecko 1.9.1 platform, which forms the core of rich
| internet applications such as Firefox. Please note that this release is
| intended for developers and testers only.
`----

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/07/28/firefox-31-alpha-1-now-available-for-download/
http://tinyurl.com/5hcmg2

New tab switching added for Firefox 3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Press Ctrl + Tab (or Shift + Ctrl + Tab) and you are presented with tab
| thumbnails and titles with the most recently visited ones first so you can
| more easily determine which tab you want to go, have the one you most
| probably want to go closer, and as a result get to it faster. Hold Ctrl
| pressed and keep pressing Tab to see the thumbnails smoothly scroll to the
| left while the status bar displays the tab web address.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/07/new-tab-switching-added-for-firefox-31/

Firefox is King

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox is now the king of all browsers. --At least based on the web
| traffic data gathered from junauza.com and from a popular tech blog by known
| Windows Vista fanboy user Jeff Atwood. Firefox tops all other web browsers
| and most importantly kicked its archrival Internet Explorer out of the
| highest position.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/07/firefox-is-king.html

Firefox 3.1 alpha 1 code freeze is next Monday

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3 has only recently shipped but the first public milestone for its
| successor is fast approaching.  The Mozilla team is expecting that the code
| freeeze for alpha 1 of Firefox 3.1, code named Shiretoko, will be next Monday
| and that alpha 1 be available for early adopter testing on July 25.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2656

Mozilla pitches Firefox 3.1 alpha for July release

,----[ Quote ]
| Just a week after Mozilla shipped Firefox 3.0, the open-source developer has
| proposed ship dates for the next version that, if approved, would produce an
| alpha release next month and a final no later than early 2009.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/062608-mozilla-pitches-firefox-31-alpha.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Firefox 3.1 (Shiretoko) planned features draft

,----[ Quote ]
| A very early draft of planned features reveals that as expected, this release
| will be mainly about landing stuff that didn’t make it on time for the
| Firefox 3, along with the usual performance, stability and security bug
| fixes.
|
| Visual tab switching and tab searching/filtering were both tried for Firefox
| 3, abandoned for other more critical features, and are being considered for
| 3.1. Ctrl+Tab, a extension developed by Dao Gottwald implements both of them
| displaying a thumbnail of the opened tabs when pressing Ctrl + Tab to switch
| tabs.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/06/firefox-31-shiretoko-planned-features-draft/

Mozilla targets Firefox 3.1 release for later this year

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Mozilla hasn't even released the final version of Firefox 3.0, its
| developers are already hammering out plans for the next edition, which may
| come as soon as late 2008, according to posts written by company executives.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1822550569&rid=-50

Developers: Firefox 3.1 Update Should Be "Easy"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/mcallister_on_software/148287/developers_firefox_31_update_should_be_easy.html
http://tinyurl.com/6k3mn8