[News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Legend' a Hoax: Company Could Soon Be in Debt

UBS says Microsoft aims for $20 billion buyback: report

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) will buy back
| as much as $20 billion of its stock to boost its flagging share price,
| Bloomberg News quoted a top-rated software analyst as saying.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/mergersNews/idUSN0642050020080806

Microsoft in $US20b buyback

,----[ Quote ]
| She expects Microsoft to complete the repurchase - at least five times larger
| than its average per quarter in the past fiscal year - over the next three
| months.
|
| "They won't announce it until it's done,'' Ms Bellini said.
`----

http://business.smh.com.au/business/microsoft-in-us20b-buyback-20080806-3r0l.html

Microsoft $20 Billion Buyback Signaled After Slump

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=alHUkojlzB0w&refer=us

Recent:

Microsoft should issue debt for a buyback--analyst

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) should take on
| debt to repurchase stock as a way to revive its flagging share price, a
| financial analyst said in a new report issued on Tuesday.
|
| Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co analyst David Hilal called on the company to
| take advantage of its predictable cash flow and rock solid balance sheet to
| execute a leveraged buyback.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2225586020080722

Eight Years of Wrongness

,----[ Quote ]
| That performance record would be embarrassing enough on its own, but it comes
| in spite of going through an unprecedented amount of our cash on buybacks
| (nearly $43 billion worth in just the past three fiscal years) and other
| schemes that were supposed to drive the stock.
|
| [...]
|
| Some readers may be surprised that I was initially a Ballmer supporter.
`----

http://msftextrememakeover.blogspot.com/2008/06/eight-years-of-wrongness.html

Microsoft loses 90 Billion Dollars [in less than a year]

http://slated.org/microsoft_loses_90_billion_dollars