[News] Another KDE 4.1 Distro (CCux Linux) is Released; RIPLinux 6.2

CCux Linux 0.9.9 Released - With KDE 4.1, Kernel 2.6.26 and a revamped
installer!

,----[ Quote ]
| After two hard and long years of development, the CCux Linux team proudly
| announced last night a new version of their Linux-based operating system.
| Powered by the final version of Linux kernel 2.6.26, CCux Linux 0.9.9 is the
| first stable distribution injected with the freshly released KDE 4.1.0
| desktop environment. Unfortunately, this version is available only as a DVD
| ISO image of about 4 GB in size. "We want to thank all Developers, Testers
| and all loyal users who have helped and supported us on the long way to a new
| releasable version. Thank you guys!" - said Christian Metzen in the release
| announcement.
|
| Highlights of CCux Linux 0.9.9:
|
| • KDE 4.1.0
| • Kernel 2.6.26
| • OpenOffice 2.4
| • VDR integration
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/CCux-Linux-0-9-9-Released-91463.shtml

Also just released: Recovery Is Possible Linux 6.2

http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

Recent:

KDE 4.1 delivers a next-gen desktop Linux experience

,----[ Quote ]
| Although the weaknesses of the flawed 4.0 release provoked widespread
| criticism from users, version 4.1 is so polished that it feels like a
| completely different piece of software. This version truly delivers on KDE's
| promise of a next-generation Linux desktop environment, and it completes the
| foundation for a strong 4.x series.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080729-kde-4-1-delivers-a-next-gen-desktop-linux-experience.html
http://tinyurl.com/6dg7zu

KDE 4.1 release ups free desktop ante

,----[ Quote ]
| After six months of development since the release of the much publicized 4.0,
| the KDE project has unveiled version 4.1 which includes many new bug fixes
| and feature enhancements.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/254955/kde_4_1_release_ups_free_desktop_ante

KDE 4.1 rocks the desktop