Re: [News]Hi-tech criminals target Twitter

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 06 August 2008 16:51 : \____

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/08/04/another_three_open_linux_mobile_phones_but_how_many_buyers.html

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/08/03/behind_the_scenes_at_open_office.html

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/08/04/why_free_software_usability_tends_to_suck.html

>> Jack: the best 'journo' one can use...
>>
>> ?As discussed in our PR meeting this morning. David & I have spoken with
>> Maureen O?Gara (based on go ahead from BrianV) and planted the story. She
>> has agreed to not attribute the story to us?.
>>
>> ?[?] Inform Maureen O? Gara (Senior Editor Client Server News/LinuxGram) or
>> John Markoff (NYT) of announcement on Aug 28, 2000. Owner dougmil (Approval
>> received from BrianV to proceed)
>>
>> ?Contact Eric Raymond, Tim O?Reilly or Bruce Perrins to solicit support for
>> this going against the objectives of the Open Source movement. Owner:
>> dougmil
>> [Doug Miller]. Note that I will not be doing this. Maureen O?Gara said she
>> [was
>> going to call them so it looks better coming from her.?
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/PX04081.pdf
>>

> I have to say that the Grauniad has plummeted in my estimation by using
> such an obviously owned journalist as Jack Schofield.  I'm somewhat
> immune to the "lads are bad" tone, but overt advertising for a foreign
> company?  What's going on there?

If it were /advertising/, that would be one thing. He is more
typically /attacking/ Microsoft's competition, and that's a whole different
class of abuse (like MOG, just worse). He's invading feeds about technology he
does not understand, which is why I had those examples at the top (no, I don't
follow his blog, but he 'intrudes', so to speak.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
         run-level 5  Jul 21 13:57                   last=S