Re: Word better at ODF than KOffice!

>  Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Uh, doesn't what you posted actually /support/ (if only a little bit)
>> what Roy said?
>
> What the results mostly seem to indicate is that Sun/OpenOffice,
> Microsoft, and to a slightly lessor extent Apple, are good at
> implementing document formats.  Doesn't matter if it is ODF or
> OOXML--they can implement it, and do a good job.  Others seem to have
> trouble.

I agree.  That's why I said it supported Roy a little.

The guys/gals at OpenOffice have shown that they /can/ deal with
obfuscated Microsoft formats, even able to handle them on 64-bit
machines.  (Are there any big-endian machines still in use?)

>> "TextEdit"????
>
> TextEdit is a simple editor on Macs.  It is not meant to be a word
> processor.  Before Leopard, it supported plain text and RTF.  They added
> ODF and OOXML support, but since TextEdit is a subset of even a basic
> word processor, obviously it is going to score fairly low on a test of
> dealing with word processing documents.

I wonder how Siag Office would do <grin>.

--
A team effort is a lot of people doing what I say.
		-- Michael Winner, British film director