[News] Free (Libre) ATI Driver Gets EXA Improvements

RadeonHD CS Driver Gets EXA Love

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week EXA improvements were added to the CS branch of this open-source
| ATI R500+ driver by means of hardware-accelerated downloading and uploading
| from the screen. Now committed to the development branch for this driver is
| acceleration for EXA Composite and Render extensions. Additionally, a few
| other improvements and other work (setup code for the 3D engine) was
| committed today.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjYzNg

Recent:

AMD Releases Stream SDK For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| NVIDIA's competition for Stream computing is CUDA, which is the Compute
| Unified Device Architecture, or CUDA for short. CUDA has been supported on
| Linux now for some time and NVIDIA is in the process of bringing PhysX to
| CUDA, for physics acceleration thanks to their acquisition of AGEIA. Intel's
| competition is Ct, or C for Throughput Computing.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_stream_released&num=1

Related:

Chips and Motherboards that support a Free BIOS - LinuxBIOS

,----[ Quote ]
| You can help our campaign by buying AMD CPU chips and not buying Intel. AMD
| have been helpful but Intel needs to be persuaded. Likewise, buy motherboards
| that support free BIOS. Tyan Computer Corporation are very helpful to the
| LinuxBIOS project and employ a full-time LinuxBIOS developer.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/supportlinuxbios.html

Could AMD move open desktop Linux market?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1427