Re: Trolls

Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>
>> As usenet is almost dead
>
> What a depressing thought.

I know.  The recent attempts to daemonise it by associating whole
hierarchies by particular types of porn don't help.  One of my ISPs
doesn't even keep its own news server any more, it proxies someone
else's.

Like all such things, there'll be an amazingly long tail, I'm sure.
There were still telnet BBSs running a couple of years ago, and I think
there's even still a gopher up somewhere.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |