[News] [Rival] MSBBC Unable to Cover the Death of Windows

Microsoft Midori: That Sounds Familiar?

,----[ Quote ]
| I just read this article on the BBC’s website.
|
| Apart from being a complete waste of screen space from a serious point of
| view, there were a few tit-bits that seemed worth looking at:
|
|     Windows worked well in an age when most people used one machine to do all
|     their work. The operating system acted as the holder for the common
|     elements  Windows programs needed to call on.
|
| “Windows worked well…”. Did it? Really? When? Never heard of that before.
| lol.
|
| [...]
|
|     This means, he said, that Windows can struggle with more modern ways of
|     working in which people are very mobile and very promiscuous in the
|     devices they use to get at their data - be that pictures, spreadsheets or
|     e-mail.
|
| What? You mean like when these people don’t use Windows? And they realise
| that all their stuff is tied into some M$ application software that ONLY
| works on Windows. Well, tough luck; that’s what happens when you play with
| monopolies. Try using Open Standards and Open Applications (like
| OpenOffice.org) instead.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/08/04/microsoft-midori-that-sounds-familiar/

Recent:

Open the Windows; the Stench is Unbearable

,----[ Quote ]
| If some of this technology were an automobile, it would be banned from the
| road. It may not have rolled over and killed anyone, but it certainly has
| rolled over and died. It should come with a warning label, “Unsafe at any
| speed.” Look at how quickly and frequently global commerce gets disrupted
| using it.
`----

http://advice.cio.com/ken_harris/open_the_windows_the_stench_is_unbearable

Microsoft has serious plans to do away with Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| This isn't the 90s anymore. In the aftermath of the Vista sales flop, Windows
| is no longer an automatic choice.
|
| [...]
|
| Even if Microsoft does pull the trigger, I can't see Midori showing up until
| 2013. By that time, it may be too late to stem Microsoft's decline. Still, I
| find it interesting that Microsoft is even considering a radical operating
| system shift. This really isn't Bill Gates' Microsoft.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/microsoft_has_serious_plans_to_do_away_with_windows

Microsoft loses 90 Billion Dollars [in less than a year]

http://slated.org/microsoft_loses_90_billion_dollars

Microsoft to kill Windows with 'web-centric' Midori?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft continues to downplay the importance of Midori by saying it is just
| a research project.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/30/microsoft_midori_technical_details/

Microsoft upset over HP, Dell packaging Windows XP over Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| 11 percent have already made the switch to Mac OS X or Linux.  Sorry
| Microsoft, the outlook isn’t getting any better.
`----

http://vista.blorge.com/2008/08/02/microsoft-upset-over-hp-dell-packaging-windows-xp-over-vista/

Vista: DOA in the Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]