Re: [News] Xubuntu Xtreme Makes Xubuntu Even Easier

On 2008-08-04, Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> G> A Quick Look at Xubuntu Xtreme
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Unlike PC/OS and Linux Mint, Xubuntu Xtreme doesnâ??t make any attempt to call
>> | itself a new distribution. Itâ??s just Xubuntu with stuff added. You can read
>> | more about whatâ??s added here, but to summarize, you get multimedia codecs,
>> | Java, Flash, DVD playback, some extra themes, and a few extra programs
>> | already installed.
>> `----
>>
>> http://linuxmoderate.wordpress.com/2008/08/01/a-quick-look-at-xubuntu-xtreme/
>

> Unbelievable.
>
> So a new name. A new "distro". And all it is pretty much a dkpg file
> list. What a joke.

If it weren't that you would be whining that the end user would have
some unbearable burden like installing all of this stuff themselves.

Nevermind that a fresh install of Vista isn't going to be as functional.

[deletia]

--
	Sure, I could use iTunes even under Linux. However, I have       |||
better things to do with my time than deal with how iTunes doesn't      / | \