Re: [News] Microsoft Fearful of Free Software

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> Microsoft's annual report: A study in open-source awareness...and ignorance
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| In reading through Microsoft's annual report, I am struck by how far the
>>| company has come in appreciating the threat that open source brings to
>>| Redmond.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10005379-16.html
>
>    I'm also shocked by just how ill-informed the company continues to be
>    with regard to open source as a business strategy. Steve Ballmer has
>    revealed this before in his quips about "Open source won't pay our
>    bills," but here Microsoft has managed to enshrine its ignorance in a
>    public document: . . .

Well, when you've become used to a taxation-based model, then actually
working for money probably won't pay your bills, because your bills are
probably too high.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |