Re: [Rival] Microsoft is Scared)

Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

> For 5 years, I keep hearing, that it will be the year of the
> linux desktop.
>
> Maybe next year will be your year, to make over 1% desktop market
> share.
> Wait, I hear the people abandoning Mircrosoft, are going Mac.
>
> Well, maybe in 10 years or so.

You haven't heard it from me. I'm not talking about Linux, I'm talking about
MicroShaft. Vista ME is a disaster. Companies who consistently loaded OEM
Windows on their computers for years, are not looking into Linux.
Corporations are not migrating to Vista ME. Apple's Mac sales are actually
becoming significant. A major motherboard manufacturer is putting a cut
down version of Linux in their BIOS. Cheap laptops are flooding the
market -- and more are the on the way -- and they don't come with Vista ME,
they come with Linux or XP. Dell and HP are publicly
advertising "downgrades" to XP because no one wants Vista ME. Microsoft is
back to plugging vaporware (Windows 7) but no one believes they have a
clue. They are incapable of getting a decent foothold in the Internet
search business, their Zune is a disaster, their XBoxes (never a money
maker) are being eclipsed by the Wii's and Sony PS3s. Their Windows CE
(Mobile, whatever they call them) are unable to get a significant portion
of the market. Even their Office monopoly is starting to show cracks --
OpenOffice (and its variants) and (probably more of a threat) Internet
Office suites are slowly starting to challenge.

Microsoft is floundering.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"