[News] [Rival] Microsoft Shows It's Stupid by Calling Its Customers "Stupid"

AL FASOLDT, TECHNOFILE [on Vista]

,----[ Quote ]
| The ship picture disappeared within a day - no one knows why, but I'm
| guessing that top Microsoft executives didn't like it...
|
| [...]
|
| The message seems clear: If you want a better version of Windows, wait for
| Windows 7. It's many years away, however.
`----             ^^^^

http://www.syracuse.com/cny/index.ssf?/base/living-5/1217494754172930.xml&coll=1

Microsoft stunt sends wrong message

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has to ask itself why it needs to do something like the Mojave
| Experiment in the first place.
|
| [...]
|
| Doesn't anyone at Microsoft realize that showing up ignorant users in
| the "Mojave Experiment" video is not only humiliating, and that revealing how
| off-base the public perception is that the company also humiliates itself?
| Public perception is supposed to be managed by Microsoft, not the critics or
| the competition.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsoft-stunt-sends-wrong-message/story.aspx?guid=%7B50FBBD7F-94FE-4986-98E5-D8BC81DA1770%7D

Microsoft's New Vista Ads Don't Work; Other Companies' "We Suck" Ads Did

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's bait-and-switch campaign for Vista, the "Mojave Experiment," is
| baffling. I was dumbstruck when I first saw it earlier this week, and I
| continue to be dumbstruck. Why base a campaign around the core assumption
| that everyone thinks your product sucks, and that people who have felt
| wronged by Vista are ignorant fools?
`----

http://gizmodo.com/5031741/microsofts-new-vista-ads-dont-work-other-companies-we-suck-ads-did

Watch the video. Microsoft Edsel. So feeble, so fast.

Recent:

Microsoft should issue debt for a buyback--analyst

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2225586020080722