[News] LogMeIn Ported to GNU/Linuxc

Linux tablets gain slick remote desktop tech

,----[ Quote ]
| LogMeIn announced a beta plugin for Nokia's Linux-based N800 and N810
| Internet Tablets. The LogMeIn Nokia N800/810 Browser Plugin enables Internet
| Tablet users to access and control their Windows PCs or Macs running the free
| or commercial versions of LogMeIn.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9009046382.html?kc=rss

LogMeIn Launches Mobile Plug-in for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| LogMeIn announced today a new plug in available for Linux-based Nokia N800
| and N810 devices, enabling users to remotely access and control their Windows
| PCs or Macs using LogMeIn Free or LogMeIn Pro.
`----

http://press-releases.techwhack.com/23127-logmein

Microsoft has just warned its shareholders that a lot of applications are being
ported to Linux -- something which Microsoft fought (even illegally) for
years.

Recent:

Penumbra: Black Plague spreads to Mac and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Usually the scariest part of adventuring on a Mac is the thought of simply
| finding a game to play. But thanks to Frictional Games, both Mac and Linux
| gamers can now get their chills in the playable demo of Penumbra: Black
| Plague
`----

http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=1666

Award-Winning Backup and Recovery Available for Linux Users

,----[ Quote ]
| ...a partnership with Technalign, Inc. to bring Acronis backup and disaster
| recovery software to Linux users.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=847427

World Of Goo Coming To Wii, PC, Mac, Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| 2008 IGF finalist World of Goo is now slated to be released on the Nintendo
| Wii, PC, Mac and Linux platforms.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/world-of-goo-co.html

Penumbra Black Plague GM, Mac And Linux in the works

,----[ Quote ]
| We know we might be a little late with this, but the final build of Penumbra:
| Black Plague was sent of to Paradox Interactive at the beginning of January
| 2008. All things done, we are very happy with how the game turned out!
`----

http://b1tt.com/2007/

WebCopier for Linux - Get a Copy of Your Favorite Websites and Browse Them
Offline at Any Time.

,----[ Quote ]
| MaximumSoft Corp. today announced that its popular award-winning WebCopier
| offline browser is now available on Linux.

LightZone Becomes First Professional Photo Editor for Linux Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Light Crafts, today announced immediate availability of a Linux version of
| its award-winning LightZone photo-editing software. With this open beta
| release, Linux users now have all the powerful LightZone tools for editing,
| enhancing and improving digital photos that Windows and Mac users have
| including the innovative ZoneMapper and Re-Light tools.
`----

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1198012268.html

GroundWork Open Source unveils IT monitoring app for Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| GroundWork Open Source Inc.'s free IT infrastructure monitoring software is
| available now for the first time for Ubuntu Linux and other Debian-based
| Linux operating systems.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9045937&source=rss_news50

WeBot Adds Linux and MacOS Support to Media Access Service

,----[ Quote ]
| "WeBot's a great media application. It's even better with support for other
| platforms," said Tom Pepper, founder of Shoutcast and co-founder of
| Nullsoft. "Too often, we see companies that release a service and neglect the
| Linux and Mac communities; I'm really happy that WeBot is keeping everyone in
| mind with this service."
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,211754.shtml

NCH Swift Sound Software Release BroadWave Streaming Audio Server for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| We are very please to announce this release of BroadWave for Linux, because
| we see it as a start of something big for our company in the long term," said
| Stephanie Lee, marketing manager for the Australian company.

Linux Rage Looks Likely

,----[ Quote ]
| So there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth, that Linux Rage is
| coming to a computer near you soon enough after all. Probably...

New commercial Linux game slated by year end

,----[ Quote ]
| "Our decision to support Linux was based on it being the right thing to do,
| not some in-depth analysis of the business case. We want to play a part in
| getting more games on the platform because we think long-term that benefits
| both Linux gamers and the indie development community that Hothead is a part
| of."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119108

Eve Online for Mac and Linux operating systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Today CCP Games and TransGaming Partner announce to Bring EVE Online to new
| platforms, being Linux and Mac. By the end of this year it should be possible
| to play Eve on a Mac, finally!
| On linux it was already possible through Cedega or a good configured WINE,
| but now nothing extra will be needed.
`----

http://blog.amidala.be/?p=51

Network Monitoring Solution ServerAssist Now Monitors Linux/Unix Servers

,----[ Quote ]
| ServerAssist, which has been described as the most comprehensive server
| monitoring solution, has added the capability of monitoring Linux/Unix
| servers.
`----

http://www.pr.com/press-release/51120

FileZilla 3 brings Windows FTP goodness to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| FileZilla is one great open source FTP client that -- up until now -- was
| available only for Windows. Version 3 is a ground-up rewrite that makes the
| application available for the first time on Linux, too.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118843

SPECviewperf 10 to come for Linux, Mac OS X

,----[ Quote ]
| The future of this benchmark is going multi-platform, since development group
| is pushing to release binaries for Linux and Mac OS X.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41854

New Release of GT Software’s Ivory Adds Support for Linux and Unix

,----[ Quote ]
| "...With this addition of Unix and Linux support, Ivory delivers an even more
| flexible and robust foundation to companies, enabling the most options for
| building and deploying mainframe SOA and Web Services.”
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070813005375&newsLang=en

Glide Sync Now Available for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| With an assist from Glide, you can now access your Linux Thunderbird
| Contacts, Sunbird Calendars and all of your desktop files on the following
| mobile devices: Apple iPhone (Supports Streaming Media), T-Mobile Wing
| (Supports Streaming Media), BlackBerry Curve 8300, Nokia N95 (Supports
| Streaming Media), BlackBerry Pearl (8100), BlackBerry 8700, Cingular 8125
| (Supports Streaming Media), HP iPAQ, HP hw6510, Motorola Razr V3, Motorola
| SLVR, Motorola ROKR, Motorola Q (Supports Streaming Media), Nokia 9300, Nokia
| E62 (Supports Streaming Media), Nokia 6102i (Supports Streaming Media), Nokia
| 6682 (Supports Streaming Media), Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680 (Supports
| Streaming Media), Palm Treo 700P, Palm Treo 700W (Supports Streaming Media),
| Palm Treo 750 (Supports Streaming Media), Palm LifeDrive, Samsung Blackjack
| (Supports Streaming Media), Samsung A707 (Supports Streaming Media), Samsung
| D807 (Supports Streaming Media), Samsung A920, LG VX8100, LG VX8300, Sony
| Ericsson w600i, Sony Ericsson w810i, T-Mobile SDA (Supports Streaming Media),
| and T-Mobile SideKick.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/mobile/11174/glide-sync-now-available-linux

Passport Software, Inc., Targets Small to Midsized Manufacturers with LINUX
Release of PBS Manufacturing Series

,----[ Quote ]
| "The LINUX marketplace was lacking a mature business management system for
| manufacturers with up to about fifty million dollars in annual sales. We are
| very pleased with the feedback about how well our PBS Manufacturing Series
| V11.5 fills this void..."
`----

http://news.thomasnet.com/companystory/526045/rss/

Find it faster: PersonalBrain app links obscure data

,----[ Quote ]
| The company Monday unveiled Version 4.0 of the application, which for the
| first time runs on Mac OS X and the Linux operating system.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=55188109&rid=-50

App restores Linux desktops to pristine state

,----[ Quote ]
| Deep Freeze system consistency software, popular in Windows and Mac settings,
| is now available for Linux desktops. "Deep Freeze Linux" is said to reset a
| Linux workstation's boot process to a pristine state, enabling successive
| users to avoid misconfiguration by previous users of the computer.

Opalis Announces Availability of Award Winning Run Book Automation Solution on
Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| They have asked for Linux platform availability to meet specific run
| book automation scenarios and we have responded to their needs”...
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070702005518&newsLang=en

Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Enters Linux Fold

,----[ Quote ]
| The move acknowledges that Linux has found a home in some business
| accounts, at least in the back office. Until now QuickBooks
| Enterprise shops had to run their accounting database on a
| Windows server even if they ran other applications on Linux.
| That now changes.
`----

http://www.crn.com/small-business/199903645

SoftMaker Office 2006 goes into beta

,----[ Quote ]
| SoftMaker Office 2006 runs on all "modern" Linux versions for PCs,
| and on FreeBSD 5.2 or higher, according to the company.
|
| The company describes TextMaker 2006 as a powerful word processor
| that is compatible with most word processing formats, including all
| versions of Microsoft Word.

LGP's Ballistics Goes Gold

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Game Publishing has announced today that their latest Linux
| game port, Ballistics, has gone gold. Ballistics is a game that
| takes place in a high-tech society and involves a futuristic
| type of Formula One racing. This game went gold today and
| should be on sale starting May 31, 2007. The Ballistics'
| Linux product page is available at Linux Game Publishing.
`----

http://www.phoronix.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-2854.html

energyXT2: Low-Cost Plug-in, Sequencer, DAW, for Windows and Now Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The $75 app energyXT2 starts out sounding similar to other music apps --
| but after a long list of twists, seems anything but. It's a DAW. It's
| a sequencer. It's an audio multitracker. (Okay, not so interesting so far
| ...) It's a synth. It's a sampler. It's a drum machine. It's a looper.
| It runs as a host. It runs in a plug-in. Now it runs on Linux -- making
| it perhaps the first significant music creation app to do a
| commercial, out-of-box release for the penguin. It's got a modular
| engine underneath.
`----

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/06/02/energyxt2-preview-low-price-plug-in-sequencer-all-in-one-instrument-for-windows-and-now-linux/
http://tinyurl.com/2q7qt8

Professionals and academics join OSS keynote, forum

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have ported many of our programs to OSS and are encouraging
| ISVs to do the same," said Jeff Chu, manager of Linux Business,
| IBM China/Hong Kong. "We want local ISVs to join leading
| engineers in our partnership programs and to create OSS
| solutions to give more choice to customers. Two years ago, there
| was not much OSS experience in Hong Kong but now lots of people,
| including my colleagues, are joining the bandwagon and 40% of our
| software solutions are available on Linux."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;495030207;fp;2;fpid;1

IDS: SDK for uEye cameras supports Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| IDS now offers Linux users a comprehensive software package for
| its uEye camera series. Besides a software development kit the
| package provides an interface for the Linux version of the HALCON
| standard image processing library.The software development kit
| allows controlling all camera-related parameters.
`----

http://www.embedded-control-europe.com/prodnews?cat=1&pid=10229

Synapse EMR (Linux port)

,----[ Quote ]
| Synapse EMR is being ported to Linux. Alpha builds are now available to
| play with (Libc6).
`----

http://www.linuxmednews.com/1165874846

LaCie Offers Complete Burning Solution With
LightScribe Labeller For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| LaCie announced it is the first to offer a complete
| burning and LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling solution
| for all operating systems. This includes the first-ever
| LightScribe Labeler software for Linux...
`----

http://in.sys-con.com/read/288267_p.htm

Defcon 1.4 Beta 2 (Linux)

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux 2.6.17-10-generic x86_64 GNU/Linux Ubuntu 6.10
|
| and it works like a charm! 20 Minutes of gaming and no crashes
| or bugs discovered.
`----

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?t=4016

L-Soft puts email manager on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| L-Soft is to make its email management software system LISTSERV
| available to Linux users after demand to support the format.
`----

https://www.netimperative.com/2002/03/08/LSoft_puts_email/view

5.5g iPods can now run Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux on iPod developer blog says the 5.5g iPods can now run Linux
`----

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2007/03/55g_ipods_can_now_run_lin.html

Linux Networx Announces Channel Partnership With Westwind Computer Products

,----[ Quote ]
| The partnership expands Linux Networx's ability to market its
| performance tuned and production-ready Linux Supersystems to
| federal government customers.
`----

http://www.sys-con.com/read/371974_p.htm

Penguins rejoice: Linux gets TV

,----[ Quote ]
| The wait is over, Linux users out there. We just released the first
| Zattoo client for the operating system of your choice (and that of
| Michael Dell). The main supported distro is Ubuntu 6.10, but the
| package can also be made to work with Fedora Core 6 and OpenSuse
| 10.2 with a little extra effort.
`----

http://zattooblog.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/penguins-rejoice-linux-gets-tv/

Joost for Linux -- Amazing PR response...

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks for your interest in Joost. Yes, a Linux version is planned,
| but the timeline for that is TBD right now.
`----

http://www.theantiblogger.com/technology/joost-for-linux-amazing-pr-response/

XBMC recruiting developers for Linux port

,----[ Quote ]
| The goal is for this to become a full port of XBMC containing all the
| features and functions available in the Xbox version of XBMC. This is a
| huge task which is why we are making this public request, seeking C/C++
| programmers to volunteer in assisting us with this Linux porting
| development project.
`----

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/

KLA-Tencor's New LithoWare Tool Gives Designers Advanced RET/OPC
Capabilities...

,----[ Quote ]
| Operating in a Linux environment allows LithoWare to distribute
| huge volumes of simulations across a large number of computers,
| giving engineers the ability to perform advanced computational
| lithography and explore an extended set of process parameters
| that would not be possible on individual PCs or with other tools
| without a major re-calibration effort for each change.
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070530005220&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/yop4mm

Linux gains real-time networking stack