[News] New Ubuntu-based Distribution Targets Eee PC

eeebuntu: yet another Ubuntu-based build for the Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Another good tip from Robert found its way to my inbox: I'm sure there's Eee
| PC owner or two out there that will appreciate it. There's a new
| and "eeemproved" Ubuntu distro that's customized for the Eee called eeebuntu.
| You can go with the snazzy Compiz Fusion enabled gnome version or go
| plain-vanilla with the Ubuntu Netbook Remix packages. Performance looks
| pretty darn good on the original 701 4G model Eee PC too: just check it in
| the above vid and supply your own audio track. I made mine funny, but feel
| free to make serious commentary when you watch.
`----

http://www.jkontherun.com/2008/07/eeebuntu-yet-an.html

Haiku running on Asus EEEPC!

,----[ Quote ]
| It is with great pleasure that I'm able to announce Haiku (rev26666) runs on
| the Asus EEEPC! I own a 701 model, and have sporadically been testing out
| Haiku revisions on the machine. For months I've been unable to boot Haiku,
| but somewhere along the line, the bug I filed got squashed, and Haiku will
| boot off the machine's internal 4gb fixed disk!
`----

http://www.haikuware.com/20080730230/latest/haiku-running-on-asus-eeepc

Recent:

Mandriva leaps into the netbook market with the GDium

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately it's hard to avoid the buzz about netbooks - the small, cheap laptop
| systems that were popularized by the Asus Eee PC (which, of course, Mandriva
| Linux 2008 Spring supports very well). Many in the community have asked if
| Mandriva is going to get directly involved in this market. Well, the answer
| is yes! Mandriva is providing the innovative operating system for the
| upcoming GDium netbook system, produced by Emtec.
`----

http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/GDiumInfo

Ubuntu SD Cards With The Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu Eee project has just announced they will be selling SD cards
| pre-loaded with the latest version of Eee Ubuntu. This SD card can then be
| inserted into the Eee PC and you can run Eee Ubuntu right off of it. This is
| a great idea, but it would be even better if the cards were sold in stores
| along with the Eee PC.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/07/12/ubuntu-sd-cards-with-the-eee-pc/

Debian To Replace Xandros on the Eee PC?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/06/24/debian-to-replace-xandros-on-the-eee-pc/