[News] Perspectives: Bright Future for Desktop GNU/Linux

Ubuntu | The glorious future of Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I can go forever, but these are the main reasons that really help Linux
| establish in the mainstream desktop with the help of Ubuntu. More than
| anything else, there is a lot more community push in the development of
| Ubuntu and it is highly responsible for the popularity and development of
| this distribution.
`----

http://gutsblow.blogspot.com/2008/08/ubuntu-glorious-future-of-linux.html

The Linux Ecosystem...Changes Ahead

,----[ Quote ]
| If a distribution is popular enough, the hardware vendors will want it to run
| on their goods. OEM's and hardware vendors who work together to help bring
| support for their hardware to the kernel will ultimately beat out
| competitors. The age where Linux is in-demand enough to create this ecosystem
| is close at hand, and in some ways, already exists.
|
| Nothing is written in stone. No one can predict what will happen, we can only
| speculate. However, we can probably be assured that the funding to keep Linux
| around will come from many places, maybe even ones we haven't thought of yet.
`----

http://blog.phunnypharm.org/2008/08/linux-ecosystemchanges-ahead.html

Recent:

A bright open source future

,----[ Quote ]
| Some exciting new software items are on the verge of release. This includes
| an update to the core Linux kernel itself, a new release of Ubuntu, and a
| brand new Firefox. Here’s the low down on each and why the immediate future
| is all good news.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17581/1143/

Old:

EDN highlights Linux's success in phones

,----[ Quote ]