[News] [Rival] The Ugly Story of Windows Vista is Sold

Why Vista is 'Universally Hated' and Other Training Truths

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista seems to be universally hated. People forget that each new version of
| an operating system is universally derided as “buggy” and “slow.” That said,
| Vista is the first time that after you struggle to learn the new paradigm,
| there is not much that is improved. From DOS 1.1 through each version of
| Windows, the new OS provided you with increased functionality. Vista does not
| seem to be doing that for most people.

On Windows BSoDs in the Olympics:

The Bizarre Cathedral - 18

,----[ Quote ]
| Latest from the Bizarre Cathedral. A little obvious but I couldn’t let this
| one pass.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/bizarre_cathedral_18

Recent:

Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

,----[ Quote ]
| As PC users clamor for Microsoft to continue to support Windows XP, company
| CEO Steve Ballmer called the Vista OS "a work in progress" at an annual
| Seattle event on Thursday.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/144773/ballmer_vista_is_a_work_in_progress.html

Windows 7: R.I.P.

,----[ Quote ]
| Death throes. That’s how I’d describe the latest barrage of white papers from
| Microsoft. The company’s flagship, Windows Vista, is thrashing around in the
| shallows like a wounded animal, fighting in vain to escape the inevitable.
|
| [...]
|
| Now we learn that there’s no point in waiting for Windows 7 because,
| according to Microsoft, “it’ll be just like Vista.”
|
| Talk about eating your young! Microsoft is now publicly trashing their next
| version in order to salvage their current dud. Never mind that they’re
| killing the very positive mystique surrounding Windows 7. Company executives
| are hell bent on proving that the Vista “Refuseniks” were wrong, and they’re
| not above using force to achieve their goal.
|
| That’s right, hidden within their latest propaganda piece is the not so
| veiled threat that customers who bypass Vista risk widening the very
| compatibility chasm that dissuaded them in the first place. That’s because
| Microsoft has no intention of making it any easier for customers to upgrade
| to Windows 7 from XP than it is for them to upgrade from XP to Vista today.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisedesktop/archives/2008/06/windows_7_rip.html

CIOs Uncensored: For The Sake Of IT, Leave XP Alone

,----[ Quote ]
| I just finished a presentation to a group of nontechnical executives, and I'm
| even more angry about Microsoft's plan to end shipments of Windows XP this
| summer. I'd been making my list of reasons Microsoft shouldn't get rid of XP.
| Now I've got one more biggie--it's going to set back the hard-earned progress
| CIOs have been making in getting IT viewed as a strategic part of their
| organizations.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/management/interviews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208402425
http://tinyurl.com/57t2st

Related:

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did-bill-gates-just-say-windows-sucks