[News] Google Feeds OSL (Open Source Lab)

Google Invested Once More In Open Source Lab

,----[ Quote ]
| If Google’s initial $350,000 pledge to Oregon State University’s Open Source
| Lab wasn’t enough, take note. Numerous news sources of Oregonian relation,
| and now the Associated Press, have relayed information from Oregon State
| University to the effect that the Web giant donated an additional $300,000 to
| the incubator.
`----

http://mashable.com/2008/08/16/google-open-source/

Recent:

Google spice brings out open source aroma

,----[ Quote ]
| It's summer in the United States which means Google's annual season of code
| is in swing. This event has run over the past three years and is by all
| measures a successful happening.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18918/1143/

Announcing Freedom Summer of Code

,----[ Quote ]
| What is the Freedom Summer of Code?
|
| Modeled after the successful Google Summer of Code, the Freedom Summer of
| Code adds a radical social justice twist. We will be working with select tech
| activist organizations to generate interesting ideas as well as help people
| develop several projects over the next three months.
|
| The Freedom Summer of Code aims to advance critical movement technology
| projects and tools that benefit a wide-variety of radical social justice
| organizations and movements; inspire developers to become more interested in
| directly participating in social-justice tech organizations; contributes
| back, for the benefit of all, to the free software world which sustains us
| while simultaneously honoring individual’s labor; increases the social
| ownership and democratic control over information, ideas, technology, and the
| means of communication; empowers organizations and individuals to use
| technology in struggles for liberation. We are developing software that is
| geared specifically to the needs of network organizing and democratic
| collaboration, providing new services that greatly enhance your security and
| privacy.
`----

https://we.riseup.net/fsoc/announcing-freedom-summer-of-code

Debian is participating in the 2008 Google Summer of Code

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian project is proud to announce that it has again been accepted by
| Google as a mentor organisation for the Summer of Code programme. We have
| been allocated twelve tasks for this year. Google will fund the students
| mentioned here to work full time on those tasks during their summer vacation,
| from May 26th to August 18th. They will be guided and evaluated during this
| time by a team of Debian developers.
`----

http://itsmylife.thehackshop.com/2008/04/27/debian-is-participating-in-the-2008-google-summer-of-code/

Google Summer of Code 2008 Takes 1,125 Developers

`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/04/google-summer-of-code-2008-tak.html