Re: [Rival] Windows Irreparable, Brainwash a Last Resort

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Saturday 16 August 2008 13:39 : \____

> On 16 Ago, 13:39, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Microsoft’s Mojave Experiment Exposes Serious Vista Problems
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | And Shut Up About Security, You’re Only Making Things Worse.
>> | Microsoft also works hard to advertise Vista’s stronger security, a
>> | notable improvement. The company says, “Windows Vista has fewer than half
>> | the security vulnerabilities of Windows XP,” but that claim relates
>> | directly to the fact that Microsoft itself releases the majority of
>> | vulnerability reports for its products because the open source community
>> | doesn’t have the same access to discover and publicize its weaknesses as
>> | Linux, Mac OS X, or other products making use of open source code.
>> | Microsoft’s Vista vulnerability count is therefore about as useful as
>> | China’s reports on its own human rights violations.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Over the last decade, Microsoft has been content to collect licensing
>> | money for warmed up old code without regard for security or features. No
>> | amount of Mojave marketing tricks can disguise the problem that the
>> | company shipped an Edsel with Vista: a product it arrogantly assumed the
>> | market would buy simply because it was Microsoft pushing it out. Let’s see
>> | how well the company does with some friendly competition.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/08/15/microsofts-mojave-experiment...
>

> Thanks for the link.  Following it I found quite a few laughs,
> including this:
>
> <Quote>
> Windows Mobile has been a snowball of failure ever since it launched a
> half decade ago with clumsy-looking phones running buggy, poorly
> designed software with abysmal battery life that makes the iPhone 3G
> look exceptional in comparison. Windows Mobile simply shares too much
> in common with the PlaysForSure failure to escape the event horizon of
> its blackhole.
> </Quote>
>
> This is from

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/08/12/microsofts-zune-vista-and-windows-mobile-7-strategy-vs-the-iphone/

Windows Mobile has cost a lot of money for Microsoft. Market share is not
indicative of profit.

Windows Mobile recently missed those forecasts from Microsoft, which is rare.
Microsoft always sets expectations low in order to beat them and impress
later. Even playing that same routine with their stock has already failed for
two consecutive quarters (the shares sank).

It's time to correct journalists who claim that Microsoft has over 90% 'market
share' on the desktop.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
Mem:   2075800k total,  1839684k used,   236116k free,   110236k buffers