[News] [Rival] MugabeSoft Bullies Competitors Using Proxies, Shills

[More details on yesterday's revelations:]

Wanted: Writers for D.C. tech lobby group, secrecy mandatory

,----[ Quote ]
| "LMG is one of several firms we work with in D.C.," Microsoft spokesman Jack
| Evans said. "It's no secret that we oppose the Google-Yahoo deal and that
| there's been a great deal of opposition to it by advertisers, publishers,
| consumers, and legal experts." Evans points out that Google has hired a
| constellation of D.C. lobbyists and public relations groups to tell its side
| of the story.
|
| Microsoft hired LMG in early May for what a source with knowledge of the
| situation described as a six-figure monthly retainer.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10016960-38.html

This confirms it. Microsoft is like a political monster and a mafia with secret
agents spread all over the place. It should be blocked from EU contracts, just
as already proposed. The same goes Intel, which is a criminal organisation.

Recent:

Corn Farmers Against Google?

,----[ Quote ]
| Only if they're planting in AstroTurf
|
| [...]
|
| How do you know the organization, and the op-ed, weren't created by LawMedia
| Group at the behest of some well-funded clients? If they did their jobs
| right, you don't know.
|
| Some of them have left digital fingerprints here and there, though, says
| Declan McCullagh, in a blockbuster of a report exposing the intellectual
| whoredom offered for various important issues. Shortly after Microsoft hired
| LawMedia, for example, legislators, national agencies, and news outlets
| received pointed complaints from coalitions of farmers, rural voters, and
| geeky Latinos about how Google's advertising deal with Yahoo would wreck
| everything.
|
| [...]
|
| Don't call them a PR firm or a lobbying firm though, Law Media – which has a
| ton of lawyers working for them too—is a "public affairs firm" specializing
| in producing "remarkable coalitions" for anything one might need a coalition
| for.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/08/14/corn-farmers-against-google

China's Online Persuaders

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.prwatch.org/node/7451

| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
| the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
| and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
| to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
| time."
`----

                        --- Microsoft, internal document
                        http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf