[News] Interview with EnterpriseDB CEO

Ed Boyajian, President and CEO, EnterpriseDB

,----[ Quote ]
| PostgreSQL has been around for more than a decade, though it still has room
| to grow in terms of adoption. On the open source side, PostgreSQL has been
| overshadowed in some respects by MySQL and its massive $1 billion buyout by
| Sun. On the commercial side, EnterpriseDB goes head to head against Oracle
| (NASDAQ: ORCL), which is one of the world's largest software vendors.
|
| [...]
|
| Q: Who is the competition? Is it MySQL or Oracle or both?
|
| The incumbent vendors are the competition, and depending on the company we
| get involved with, we see anywhere from three to five vendors. That can be
| Oracle, and many times it is -- they own half the database market.
|
| Because we've been focusing on transaction-intensive application areas, the
| customers we see are generally not using MySQL, which has done well in the
| read-intensive space.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3765461

Recent:

Public release of the source code

,----[ Quote ]
| The source code of Postgres-R has been released to the public, today. The
| project leader Markus Wanner has posted a patch to the Postgres-hackers
| mailing list and started the discussion on mostly technical aspects of the
| system. He invited the community to take a look and comment, in the hope that
| this project will soon be ready for production use.
`----

http://www.postgres-r.org/about/news/source_code_release

PostgreSQL getting with the program

,----[ Quote ]
| PostgreSQL is a sleeping giant that is waking up. And instead of wondering
| around sleepy, they seemed to be jumping forwards in what seems leaps to the
| other guys, but are just natural steps for them. Heh, I seem to be in a
| dramatic poetic mood today, but I just wanted to get across with how
| impressed I am with what is going on with the PostgreSQL community, ever
| since version 8.0. To me PostgreSQL 8.0 was so critical since with it one of
| the key obstacles to more wide spread adoption was removed: There was finally
| a native easy to install version of PostgreSQL for windows. Not that I know
| many people that deploy on windows, but I do know a ton that develop on
| windows (which included me back then).
`----

http://pooteeweet.org/blog/0/1128#m1128

IBM's EnterpriseDB stake: not what you think

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/04/07/ibm_enterprisedb_stake/