[News] Microsoft-funded and Troll-infested Slashdot Attacks OpenGL 3.0; USB 3.0 Out

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft-funded and Troll-infested Slashdot Attacks OpenGL 3.0; USB 3.0 Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:38:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Why the F.U.D. against OpenGL 3.0?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, it was with some interest to read on TheRegister and Slashdot that the
| release of OpenGL 3.0 was met with heavy resistance by existing developers.
| Strangely, Wikipedia user Paeator Alpha's post seemed to be the most balanced
| immediate report on OpenGL 3.0, and lets face it, Wikipedia isn't known for
| being accurate.
|
| It was even stranger to read then from one of the developers actually
| attending SIGGRAPH that the backlash reported by Slashdot and TheReg, just
| wasn't happening.
|
|     The OpenGL BoF went really well, I think. Nobody showed up with torches
|     or pitchforks. Of course, the free beer may have helped. The most useful
|     part of it for me was the mingling period after all the presentations. I
|     talked with quite a few people and, contrary to the /. reports, nobody
|     was furious. Whew!
|
| [...]
|
| So, Khronos has run into the exact same problem KDE ran into. A lot of people
| are simply armchair analysts with no actual graphics experience. That's why
| the actual developers at SIGGRAPH responded so differently than the reports
| from TheReg and SlashDot would have people believe.
`----

http://zerias.blogspot.com/2008/08/why-fud-against-opengl-30.html

Firehose is abused by the trolls, according to regulars. Microsoft/DX
boosters...

Intel Releases USB 3.0 Draft Spec

,----[ Quote ]
| For those into reading some hardware specifications, Intel has released the
| Extensible Host Controller Interface draft specification for USB 3.0.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjY1Mw

Recent:

Intel plays games with USB3.0