[News] Classic Anti-GNU/Linux FUD Gets Buried

Linux Myths: Busted!

,----[ Quote ]
| Myth# 1: Linux Installation is difficult.
|
| [...]
|
| Myth# 2: I have to know the Linux terminal in order to use Linux.
|

| [...]
|
| Myth# 3: There is no one-click installation in linux. I have to compile
| everything.
|
| [...]
|
| Myth# 4: Linux Lack applications.
|
| [...]
|
| Myth# 5: Can’t play my movies or use my itunes/ipod.

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/08/12/linux-myths-busted/

This sounds like a recipe for a DiDiot article. Rinse and repeat the myths.

Recent:

It wasn’t supposed to be this easy

,----[ Quote ]
| At least, that’s what various people have told me. The it to which I refer
| was connecting my laptop to a wireless printer.
`----

http://scottnesbitt.net/ubuntublog/?p=214

Related:

All the Myth about Microsoft!

,----[ Quote ]
|     * Microsoft was first with graphical user interface
|
|     * Microsoft designed BASIC Language
|
|     * Microsoft designed visual basic
|
|     * Microsoft invented DOS
|
|     * Microsoft designed the first spreadsheet - Excel
|
|     * Microsoft designed the first word processor
|
|     * First with Internet browser
`----

http://196.2.70.231:8080/ict_blog/open-ict-hacks/microsoft-myth

Top 5 Linux-on-Laptop Myths Debunked