[News] Microsoft-affiliated Press Covers GNU/Linux (Half of All Recommendations)

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft-affiliated Press Covers GNU/Linux (Half of All Recommendations)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:18:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Get A Brand New Computer For Less

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux? What’s that?
|
| Perplexed as to what ‘Linux’ actually is? You’re not alone. On my part, when
| I first came across Linux on my friend’s computer at university, my exact
| response was, ‘Who’s that?’
|
| Put simply, Linux is a free operating system that can be used as an
| alternative to Windows on your PC. But how easy is Linux to use as an OS?
`----

http://www.fool.co.uk/news/money-saving-tips/shopping/2008/08/12/get-a-brand-new-computer-for-less.aspx
http://tinyurl.com/6cysnw

Recent:

Linux to Outsell Windows in Mobile Internet Device Market

,----[ Quote ]
| "The flexibility, customization and very positive cost comparison to Windows
| Mobile look set to ensure that Linux takes the leading role in this market,"
| Carlaw said.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Linux-to-Outsell-Windows-in-Mobile-Internet-Device-Market/

Mobile Linux stack targets MIDs