[News] OpenGL 3.0 is Released, OpenGL-enabled Flash Reaches RC

OpenGL 3.0, GLSL 1.30 Specifications Released

,----[ Quote ]
| From SIGGRAPH 2008, one of the premiere computers graphics conferences, the
| Khronos Group has announced the release of the OpenGL 3.0 API specification
| and the GLSL 1.30 shading language specification. This is the first major
| update to this cross-platform 3D programming API since the OpenGL 2.1 release
| two years ago. In this article we have a bit of information on these OpenGL
| and GLSL updates and when we can expect to see the Linux graphics scene
| moving to this new standard.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=opengl_3&num=1

[Adobe Flash] 10rc

,----[ Quote ]
| We tested the new NSS stuff on various popular [32-bit] Linux distributions
| and found that all the necessary libraries are present.
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2008/08/10rc1.html

Recent:

Flash Uses The GPU

,----[ Quote ]
| A much clamored-for feature (right after native 64-bit, wmode/transparency,
| and V4L2) is Flash GPU (graphical processing unit) acceleration, sometimes
| founded in a belief that it's a magic solution for making things fast without
| any side effects or ill consequences. I just wanted to make it known that the
| Adobe Flash Player is GPU accelerated,
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2008/05/flash_uses_the_gpu.html

Where is 64-bit Linux support for Flash Player?

,----[ Quote ]
| From what I’ve heard it works fairly well on most distros but I haven’t heard
| yet how well it works with the new Flash Player 10 beta. Despite this
| potential workaround eventually Adobe does need to natively support 64-bit
| Linux - and they will.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/575735_p.htm

Flash Player 10: Dazzling Effects, Better Performance, Runs on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Once piece of welcome news is that Adobe is releasing the Flash Player 10
| beta for all major platforms — Windows, Mac and Linux. Adobe has even upped
| the Linux ante with a new installer specially tailored for Ubuntu users.
| Barclay says that Adobe considers Linux a major platform and will continue to
| make all Flash releases simultaneous across platforms.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/05/flash-player-10.html

Using Adobe Flash and other 32-bit applications on 64-bit Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| 64-bit computing is as prevalent today as multicore computing. Almost any new
| processor from Intel or AMD has the AMD long mode extensions, allowing the
| processor to use 64-bit registers. While 32-bit processors can address 4
| gigabytes of RAM, a 64-bit processor can address 16 exabytes, or almost 17.2
| billion gigabytes, of RAM. Most 64-bit-capable computers aren't making use of
| these capabilities, but instead are put to work running 32-bit operating
| systems, usually because of a lack of applications for 64-bit operating
| systems, since applications must be recompiled and in some cases rewritten
| for 64-bit operation. It is possible, however, to run 32-bit Linux binaries
| natively under 64-bit Linux kernels.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/142075

Related:

Where is 64-bit Linux support for Flash Player?

,----[ Quote ]
| From what I’ve heard it works fairly well on most distros but I haven’t heard
| yet how well it works with the new Flash Player 10 beta. Despite this
| potential workaround eventually Adobe does need to natively support 64-bit
| Linux - and they will.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/575735_p.htm

Why There is Better Driver Support in 64-bit Linux Than 64-bit Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2006-10-17-031-26-RV-HE-MS