[News] Astaro Builds Solution from Free Software

Astaro: Tapping the Channel for Security Revenue

,----[ Quote ]
| To jump start their product line, they took open source code for a firewall
| solution. Adding their own embellishments, they developed a product that did
| fairly well in its first year.
|
| "Open source let us take the status quo of that industry and our own limited
| resources and innovate," Hichert told the E-Commerce Times. "We started in
| 2001 as three kids fresh out of college."
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/64317.html

On FOSS and security:

Successful Open Source Security Is Knowing What to Secure

,----[ Quote ]
| The risks of open source lie not in the usage of open source, but the
| management or lack thereof of open source. If a company does not keep track
| of the open source software adopted, it can be difficult and costly to
| identify vulnerabilities and implement patch releases associated with the
| adopted code.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/node/656780/print

Related:

11 open-source projects certified as secure

,----[ Quote ]
| Eleven projects made the list: Amanda, NTP, OpenPAM, OpenVPN, Overdose, Perl,
| PHP, Postfix, Python, Samba, and TCL.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10789_3-9843682-57.html

Open MPI Project Partners with Coverity to Accelerate Advanced Computing
Research

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS110788+08-Jan-2008+PRN20080108