Re: [News] Roundup of Linux Success Stories; Microsoft Resorts to Comedy

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
<zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:37:58 -0400
<9f45d$48b31827$18026@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Microsoft and Seinfeld: A Comedy of Errors?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft's hiring of Jerry Seinfeld as a Windows Vista
>> | pitchman had the Linux community in stitches last week.
>> | The prevailing wisdom seems to be that it's an indication
>> | Windows has jumped the shark. Dell's plans to ship a
>> | subnotebook with Ubuntu gave bloggers a further boost.
>> `----
>>

> Oh looky, looky. This is like the 10th time that
> everyone has seen this story. Yes... Microsoft
> hired Jerry Seinfeld to do some commercials for
> them. But make sure you repeat this post a dozen
> or so more times.

Of course.  But if they need a comedian to pitch
Vista, they're in trouble -- especially one which
is famous about his stories about nothing, yada
yada yada.  (I can't be more specific; I've
never watched Seinfeld.)

I'd have to agree with the article that I'd have
to prefer Judy Tenuta; she's cute, though I
know nothing about her actual comedy. ;-)
Then again, if she has any brains she'd probably
avoid Microsoft like the plague...

(BTW: jumping the shark is explained nicely in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_Shark,
where Henry Winkler on water skis jumps
over a shark.  After that, Happy Days wasn't
so happy, apparently.)

[rest snipped]

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }