[News] [Old] If S/he Likes Microsoft, It Could be a Paid/Fake Shill

Microsoft "regrets" Mac-to-PC ad

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, in the wake of an Apple Computer ad campaign to woo Windows users,
| briefly ran a similar ad of its own.
|
| An ad, titled "Confessions of a Mac to PC convert," was posted to Microsoft's
| Web site last week. The article purports to be a first-person account of a
| writer who decided to switch from an Apple Macintosh computer to a PC running
| Windows XP.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-961994.html?tag=fd_top_3

MS kills another clip-art fan rave

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has yanked another of its fraudulent user testimonials, in this
| case a fictitious twelve-year-old boy raving about a fictional homework
| assignment and the indespensable insights he received from MS Encarta
| Reference Library in preparing it.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/10/16/ms_kills_another_clipart_fan/

They f* up the press as well.

Investigators call on Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The contracts, signed with companies such as Walt Disney, PointCast, and CNN,
| have received intense scrutiny from federal and state regulators, the Senate
| Judiciary Committee, and the European Commission. (CNET, publisher of
| NEWS.COM, also has signed a contract with Microsoft.)
`----

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-210063.html

OS/2 ISP Mailing List

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft employee's move against AOL backfires
| By Melanie Austria Farmer, Staff Writer, CNET News.com
| August 13, 1999, 9:00 a.m. PT
|
| A Microsoft programmer apparently masqueraded as an
| independent computer consultant in an effort to discredit
| America Online's tactics and behavior in its instant
| messaging battle with Microsoft, according to reports.
`----

http://web.archive.org/web/20040113095838/http://w3.hethmon.com/os2isp/1999/Aug/Msgs/l2w15889.html

MS targets Linux, Mac rivals with IIS astroturf

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/09/26/ms_targets_linux_mac_rivals/