[News] 2 DVD-O/S Based on Mandriva Linux Comes Packed with Games

MIB-Live Games 2008.1

,----[ Quote ]
| 2 DVDs based on Mandriva One 2008.1, each containing a lot of games:
| You can enjoy them directly from the DVD or, if you prefer, you can install
| it to your Hard-Disk.
`----

http://mib.pianetalinux.org/miblight/2008/08/22/mib-live-games-20081/?lan=english

Mandriva : MIB Live Games 2008.1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Marcello Anni announced on Cooker ML the release of the MIB Live Games
| 2008.1. MIB ( Mandriva Italian Backports ) is a derived distribution of
| Mandriva Linux done by the Italian Mandriva community.
`----

http://www.linux-wizard.net/index.php?id_blog=229

Recent:

Mandriva 2008 Flash: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva Flash will cost you around £60 (79 Euros) but it's worth every
| penny.
| All the hard work has been done for you and Mandriva Flash offers a
| full-featured desktop with all the frills and fancy trimmings.
| If Mandriva do something about that bootloader issue, it could be all the
| computer you need – on a tiny, pocketable USB stick.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/01/tech-review-review-mandriva-2008-flash.html

MIB Live Games

,----[ Quote ]
| MIB Live Games is a treasure trove for Linux gamers; at last count over 100
| games, 48 in arcade alone. As it is based on Mandriva 2008, the setup (and
| possible installation) are a breeze; to say that everything is included out
| of the box on this remaster of Mandriva 2008 ‘One’ would be an understatement
| indeed.
|
| [...]
|
| For those in Asia, using the original Mandriva 2008 ‘One’ Asia edition is
| preferable as this remaster only offers major European languages at the
| starting configuration screen, though again they are not that difficult to
| add once the system is installed.
`----

http://fareast.linuxdiary.com/2008/01/11/mib-live-games/

Related:

Mandriva teams up with TransGaming to release gaming-enhanced MandrivaLinux
2007

,----[ Quote ]
| TransGaming Inc., a leading developer of software portability products
| for the electronic entertainment industry, announced today that
| MandrivaLinux 2007 will include direct integration of their Cedega
| portability engine along with Empire Interactive's popular game FlatOut.
| This OEM agreement brings the thrill of electronic entertainment to
| Mandriva's growing Linux user-base.
|
| The combination of Cedega and FlatOut is seamlessly integrated within
| the MandrivaLinux 2007 installer, giving Linux users access to top tier
| titles as part of the operating system, while also allowing them to play
| hundreds more games, right out of the box. In addition to FlatOut, users
| will be able to play blockbuster titles with Cedega such as Battlefield
| 2, World of WarCraft, Civilization IV, Need for Speed: Most Wanted,
| Madden 2006 and more.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2006/sep/28/mandriva_teams_up_with_transgaming_to_release_gaming_enhanced_mandrivalinux_2007

Mandriva Flash 2008 First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| Both the Metisse and Compiz Fusion 3D desktops worked well on the laptop, but
| were disabled on the old desktop. I'm not sure why people really want 3D
| desktops, however: it's just eye-candy.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/stratdev/archives/2007/12/mandriva_flash.html

Mandriva Flash 2008: Bigger and better

,----[ Quote ]
| While several other distros are designed specifically to run off external USB
| drives, Mandriva Flash still offers a good alternative worth paying for.
| First of all, you don't have to get your hands dirty installing a Linux
| distro on a USB stick and spend time configuring it. Unlike other distros,
| Mandriva Flash offers a full-featured desktop with all the frills and fancy
| trimmings, including 3-D desktop effects.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/122980

New 2008 Mandriva Flash 4GB Released today

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva today introduced the 2008 Mandriva Flash 4GB, the newest member of
| the Mandriva Flash family that lets you take your entire desktop with you
| wherever you go. 2008 Mandriva Flash includes a new functionnality: ezBoot
| which reboots under Linux without going through BIOS settings, and the double
| utilization of Windows and Linux system.
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/new-2008-mandriva-flash-4gb-released-today

[Mandriva CEO:] An open letter to Steve Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow! I’m impressed, Steve! What have you done for these guys to change their
| mind like this? It’s pretty clear to me, and it will be clear to everyone.
| How do you call what you just did Steve, in the place where you live? In my
| place, they give it various names, I’m sure you know them.
|
| Hey Steve, how do you feel looking at yourself in the mirror in the morning?
|
| Of course, I will keep fighting this one and the next one, and the next one.
| You have the money, the power, and maybe we have a different sense of ethics
| you and I, but I believe that hard work, good technology and ethics can win
| too.
`----

http://blog.mandriva.com/2007/10/31/an-open-letter-to-steve-ballmer/

Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD

,----[ Quote ]
| So, even as Microsoft claims superior quality over Linux, they act as if they
| don't even buy their own FUD. If they really believed that Windows was
| superior to Linux, they wouldn't have to bribe people with “marketing help”
| to get them to choose Windows.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-11-09-030-26-OP-MD-MS

Linux wins Nigerian school desktops back from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are sticking with that platform," said the official, who would not give
| his name.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/government-law/public-sector/news/index.cfm?newsid=6124
http://tinyurl.com/27ycq9

TransGaming and Mandriva Renew OEM Agreement to Game Enable MandrivaLinux 2008
With Cedega

,----[ Quote ]
| Cedega is the world's only commercial gaming solution for the Linux operating
| system. Cedega allows users to run PC games on their Linux operating system
| seamlessly, transparently, and with equivalent performance and game play.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=777371

Russian public agencies choose Mandriva

,----[ Quote ]